This halibut recipe is earthy, light and tasty. You can use either halibut fillets or halibut steaks for this dish. – Jen
2 Halibut filets (5-6oz each)
¼ cup Unsalted Butter
¼ lb Oyster or Shiitake mushrooms (thinly sliced)
1 Leek (cut into quarter pieces, sliced and washed well)
1 Shallot (minced)
1 Garlic clove (minced)
1.5 cups Low sodium chicken broth
1 Tbsp Fresh Parsley (chopped)
- Melt butter over medium heat, sauté the mushrooms and leeks together. Season with salt and pepper. Cook gently for 7-8 mins stirring occasionally.
- Next, add the broth and bring liquid to a boil.
- Season the halibut, and nestle the fish amongst the leek and mushrooms.
- Cover with a lid and reduce heat to low. Cook gently until the fish is just cooked through, about 7 mins.
- Serve the halibut in a shallow bowl, topped with the mushrooms and leeks. Ladle the broth over top and garnish the fish with the chopped parsley.