With its long, slender, pointy green leaves, tarragon has a lovely, gentle combination of licorice and basil plus a pleasant lemony-sour aftertaste that builds as you eat it. I strongly recommend everyone to find yourself some FRESH tarragon. Look for leaves that are green and not wilted. The light flavors of tarragon and the rich texture of halibut makes a wonderful healthy dish. – Jen
Fresh Halibut (Cut into 4 oz pieces)
½ a chopped onion or 1 chopped shallot
1 clove of garlic minced
1 small can of diced tomato
¼ cup of white wine
¼ cup of chopped fresh tarragon (has to be fresh tarragon)
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Saute onion and garlic in a pan in a little oilive oil for 3 4 mins (until translucent)
- Add white wine and then tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper and cook for 10 mins.
- Then add the fresh tarragon and mix well. Turn off heat.
- Place halibut pieces in an oven proof dish. Pour warm tomato tarragon mix over and around the fish in the oven proof dish.
- Bake uncovered in oven for 15 20 mins
- Serve halibut on plate with some tomato tarragon sauce on top.