This is a cedar plank recipe with an asian touch. Using sesame oil, ginger , and green onion, the dish tastes refreshing and light. – Jen
1 Cedar plank (presoaked 12 hrs)
2 Salmon filets (6oz and skin removed)
1 Tbsp Veg oil
2 tsp Rice vinegar
½ tsp Sesame oil
1.5 Tbsp Soy sauce
2 Tbsp Green onion (chopped)
1-2 tsp Grated Fresh Ginger root
1 Garlic clove (minced)
- In a small bowl, combine the vegetable oil, rice vinegar, sesame oil, soy sauce. green onion, ginger and garlic. Place the salmon filets in the marinade for at least 15 mins, or up to 1 hour.
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Turn off one side of the grill and place cedar plank. Keep the other side hot. . The salmon is going to cook indirectly from the neighboring heat.
- Place salmon on the plank on the grill, and discard the marinade.
- Close the grill and cook salmon for about 20-22 mins, or until the fish is cooked and you can flake it with a fork.