Fried oysters are delicious. This recipe produces a light crusted, sweet and light oyster with a tangy mustard sauce. – Jen
1 tub shucked BC Beach Oysters (Contains about 8)
¼ cup Whip Cream (whipped)
¼ cup Mayo
2 Tbsp Grainy Mustard
1 cup Cornmeal
1 cup Rice Flour
- Mix cornmeal and rice flour together in a bowl.
- Whip cream in a separate bowl (to stiff peaks). Then add the mayo and the grainy Dijon. Fold all three ingredients together until combined. Reserve.
- Open oyster tub and place oysters in the cornmeal mix.
- Preheat a large frying pan over medium high heat. Add enough vegetable oil to provide a shallow fry. (1/2 cup approx)
- Dredge the oysters really well with the cornmeal mix. Discard any leftover breading mix.
- Pan Fry Oysters for 4-5 mins per side, or until they become golden and slightly crisp.
- Remove oysters using tongs or a slotted spoon, and let them drain a bit on paper towel.
- Spoon mustard mousseline sauce onto plate. Place pan fried oysters on top stacked neatly.