This pasta dish is to-die-for. Although against tradition, most carbonara recipes are accustomed to having a bit of cream in the recipe these days. But as a healthy alternative, Chef Gavin skips the cream and made it just as delicious. –Jen
1/2 lb Crab Meat
1 pkg Spaghetti
8 slices Bacon (diced)
1 Tbsp Olive oil 1/2
Onion (small dice)
2 cloves Garlic (minced)
1/4 cup White Wine
4 Eggs (beaten and set aside in a bowl)
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese (grated)
2 Tbsp Parsley(chopped)
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook spaghetti until al dente. Drain well, and toss with 1 tbsp olive oil. Reserve.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the diced bacon until slightly crisp, remove and drain onto paper towel. Reserve 2 tbsp of the bacon fat in the pan, add the other 1 tbsp olive oil, and saute the onion over medium heat until translucent (4-5 mins). Next, add the minced garlic and cook 1 min more. Deglaze with the white wine, and cook for another 1-2 mins.
- Return cooked bacon to the pan, the crab meat and add the drained spaghetti too. Toss well to heat through, and feel free to add a touch more olive oil if it seems dry or sticking together.
- Add the beaten eggs, and cook tossing constantly using tongs, until the eggs are barely set. Quickly add the 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, the chopped parsley, and toss again.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, but remember that the bacon and parmesan are already salty!
- Serve immediately and feel free to garnish with more parmesan cheese if you like. I recommend serving this with a nice crisp caesar salad.