Fish Cakes with Grainy Dijon Sauce
Makes 2 -4 cakes
5 oz Salmon
5 oz Halibut
1 Russet Potato
½ bunch of green onion (chopped)
3 Tbsp Parsley (chopped)
2 Tbsp Grainy Dijon Mustard
½ cup Whipping Cream
1 Tsp Tumeric
Salt and Pepper
- Preheat oven 400F. Season fish and bake for 10-12 mins. Let cool and reserve.
- Boil potato to cook, then mash it up for mashed potatoes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Fold in chopped herbs into potato mix. Check seasoning, then fold in egg. Reserve miz.
- Brake apart cooked fish and crumble into the potato mixture. Fold well together.
- Form into fish cakes and reserve.
- Preheat a pan over medium heat, pan sear fish cakes in pan for 3 to 4 mins per side.
- Then finish fish cakes in 400F oven for 8-10 mins.
- Make sauce in a small pan on stove top. Combine mustard, cream and tumeric. Heat through and reduce until it becomes slightly thick. Season sauce with salt and pepper if necessary.
- Serve fish cakes on top of a pool of sauce.