You can have so many variations with this recipe; each fish will change the overall taste and style of the dish. The presentation is great; let them open up their dinner like a gift! - Jen
1 Filet of Salmon, Snapper, Cod or Halibut (1 piece of fish per package)
1 oz Julienne of Leek
1 oz Julienne of Carrot
1 oz Julienne of Red Pepper
1 oz Julienne of Snap Peas
1 Shallot (sliced)
1 Garlic clove (minced)
¼ cup White Wine
3 Sprigs of Fresh Thyme
2 Tbsp Butter
Salt and Pepper
- Cut Parchment paper into a rectangular shape (1.5 ft long and 1.5 ft wide) and brush edges with oil.
- Arrange a thin filet of fish in the centre of one half of the parchment. Season the fish well with salt and pepper.
- In a small pan, sauté the julienne vegetables, shallot and garlic for 1 min. Then place on top of the fish. Then place the fresh thyme sprigs on the fish followed by a good 1-2 Tbsp of butter. Lastly, pour the wine over the fish.
- -Then carefully fold the remaining parchment over the fish and vegetables. Seal the parchment package by folding in the edges a few times over to create a nice package.
- Bake the parchment packages on a tray in a preheated 400F Oven for 8-12 mins.
- Once fish is cooked, open the package carefully using kitchen scissors to open it around the top edges. Lift the flap and you can eat it right out of the parchment pouch.