Fish tacos are great; they are fun to make and they are a healthy meal choice. Feel free to substitute your recipe with Halibut or Salmon. -Jen
1 lb Fresh Snapper (Fresh Cod would also work for this recipe)
1/4 cup Vegetable oil
1 Lime (juiced)
1 Tbsp Ancho Chili powder
1 Jalapeno (coarsely chopped)
1/4 cup Cilantro (chopped)
8 Flour Tortillas
Taco Garnish Suggestions:
Shredded White Cabbage
Sour Cream Thinly sliced Red Onion or Chopped Green Onion
- Preheat Grill to medium high heat.
- Place fish in a large pyrex dish to marinate. Make marinade in a small bowl by combining: the oil, lime juice, ancho chili powder, jalapeno and cilantro. Pour the marinade over the fish and let marinate for 15-20 mins (at room temperature).
- Remove fish from marinade, and place on hot grill. Season fish with a little salt.
- Grill fish for 4 mins on the first side and then flip and grill for 1 min on the second side. Remove fish from grill onto a plate and let it rest for 5 mins. After the fish had rested, flake it with a fork.
- Place tortillas on grill for about 20 seconds to warm them up and mark them. Divide the flaked fish among the tortillas, and garnish them as you like.