I wish you could all witness my moment of bliss as I ate this entire plate during the photo shoot. The fish flaked like velvet pedals, and the flavour was earthy but sweet. This recipe is very simple to prepare. If you’re a sablefish fan, I urge you to try it. – Jen
2 portions (about 180-220g each) of sablefish filets
1 container of Sake Miso Glaze (from one of our FISH locations)
1 package of king mushrooms or oyster mushrooms
2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 450° F
- Heat an oven proof sauté pan over medium high heat, then add the vegetable oil.
- Place sablefish in the pan and sear fish on both sides (2-3 mins)
- Pour the Sake Miso Glaze over the sablefish, and bake in the oven for 6 or 7 minutes.
- If you like, you can broil the fish at the end for 1-2 mins to caramelize the glaze more on top of the fish.
- Preheat grill. Lightly cover mushrooms with oil. Season them with salt and pepper.
- Grill mushrooms on hot grill for 3-4 mins.
- Serve grilled mushrooms on plate. Place Glazed Sablefish on top.