Don’t let this title fool you; Stella Artois is our recommendation. You can try preparing this dish with different kinds of beer, one in hand for drinking too, of course. – Jen
Serves 2 - 3
21/2 lbs Fresh Mussels (scrubbed and debearded)
½ cup Green Onion (chopped)
¼ cup Parsley (chopped)
2 Tbsp Chives (chopped)
2 Tbsp Basil or Tarragon (chopped)
1 Tbsp Thyme (chopped)
1/3 cup Sour cream
1-2 Tbsp Butter
1 Tbsp Grainy Dijon Mustard
2 cloves Garlic (minced)
1.5 cups Fresh Tomato (about 2 medium sized tomatoes seeded and diced)
1 can of Stella Artois beer
- Mix all chopped herbs in a small bowl. Reserve.
- Combine the sour cream and mustard together in another small bowl. Reserve.
- Melt butter in a good pan or pot with a good lid. Add the garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add the mussels, tomatoes, and green onion. Saute for 1 minute.
- Next add the beer. Cover tightly and steam mussels for 3-4 mins.
- Open lid, add half of the herb mix. Stir mussels and cover again, steam them for an additional 4-5 minutes. Discard any mussels that do not open!
- Using a slotted spoon, divide mussels amongst 2 or 3 bowls.
- Add sour cream mustard mix to the mussel juice. Whisk well to combine.
- Taste and season mussel juice lightly with salt and pepper.
- Pour mussel juice over each serving of mussels.