Superb, easy and quick recipe that is so impressive and delicious. One day I substituted halibut for scallops and it was just as amazing - Jen
4 Halibut Fillets (8 oz each)
4 Prosciutto Slices (thinly sliced)
2 cups Butternut Squash (peeled, seeded and diced 1/2” cubes)
2 cups Yukon Gold Potatoes (peeled and diced 1/2” cubes)
2 cups Parsnips or Celery Root (peeled and diced 1/2” cubes)
2 cups Carrots (peeled and diced 1/2 “ cubes)
2 cloves Garlic (minced)
1/4 lb Unsalted Butter
2 Tbsp Rosemary (chopped)
2 Tbsp Lemon juice
- Preheat Oven to 425F
- Toss vegetables in a bowl with 1/3 cup of olive oil. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Place the vegetables on a greased sheet pan. Spread them out into a single layer and roast for 30 mins. After 30 mins, add a good drizzle of balsamic vinegar over the vegetables and mix them well.
- Roast vegetables for another 10 mins or so. Vegetables should be tender and starting to brown nicely. Remove vegetables from the oven and reserve.
- Meanwhile, line another baking sheet with foil and place a baking rack on top of the foil.
Brush Halibut fillets on both sides with olive oil. Season well with salt and pepper on both sides. Wrap each fillet with a slice of prosciutto to form a wide band around the centre of each fillet. Arrange the fillets with the prosciutto seam side down on the rack.
Roast the fillets for 12-15 mins.
- Melt the butter in a small pan over medium heat. Add the chopped rosemary and continue to cook the butter until it begins to brown slightly, about 4-5 mins. Then add the lemon juice to the butter and set aside.
- Serve Halibut fillets on a bed of roasted root vegetables, and drizzle a little rosemary butter over top of the fish.