Five-spice powder is a mixture of five spices, encompassing all five flavours of sweet, sour, bitter, pungent, and salty. It is popular in Chinese cuisine. – Jen
2 Salmon Fillets (6 oz each)
1/8 cup Honey
2 tsp Soy Sauce
¾ tsp Chinese 5 Spice
1 tsp Sesame oil
- In a small bowl, whisk the honey, soy sauce, 5 spice, minced garlic and sesame oil.
- Place the salmon on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Pour the glaze over the salmon fillets and let them marinate for 15 mins at room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 400F
- Bake salmon in the oven for 10 mins then remove from oven.
- Next, turn on the oven broiler to high.
- Broil salmon fillets for 1-2 mins, so that the glaze can brown a little on the top.
- Serve salmon right away.