If i knew phyllo wrapped fish is that easy to make i would’ve started long ago. Simply purchase filo pastry from the store, and wrap all your favourite ingredients inside and cook to perfection. - Jen
2 x Halibut Filets (5-6 oz)
4 Sheets Phyllo Pastry
2 Tbsp Butter (melted)
2 tsp Fresh Dill (chopped)
3 Tbsp Lemon juice
½ cup Whipping Cream
2 Green Onions (finely chopped)
- Preheat Oven to 425F
- Lightly butter 1 sheet of phyllo. Lay another sheet down directly on top of the first, and lightly butter that one too. Repeat with the remaining 2 sheets of phyllo. Cut the stack of phyllo sheets in half.
- Season Halibut with salt and pepper. Place a filet near the bottom edge of one of the halved phyllo sheets. Sprinkle halibut filet with fresh dill.
- Fold in the sides of the phyllo, then roll the halibut filet. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet, and lightly brush with butter. Repeat with the second halibut filet.
- Bake in the oven for 12-15 mins, or until phyllo pastry is golden brown.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce by bringing the lemon juice to a boil in a small sauce pan. Boil until almost evaporated. Reduce heat to medium, and stir in the cream. Simmer until it thickens a bit.
- Next add the chopped green onion and season the sauce with salt and pepper.
- Serve phyllo halibut on a pool of the sauce.