Don’t be afraid to work with Phyllo pastry. They look intimidating but it’s so easy. Phyllo pastry is available to purchase at your local supermarket. I would prefer spring salmon with this recipe because of it’s fatty texture and tender texture. – Jen
Wild Salmon (5-6oz)
½ cup Mayo
½ a bunch of Fresh Dill (chopped)
2 Tbsp Capers (chopped) plus 1 Tbsp caper pickling juice
1 Lemon (zest and juice)
Olive Oil (as needed)
- Make Tartar Sauce by combining mayo, lemon juice, lemon zest, chopped dill, chopped capers, caper juice, and a pinch of salt and pepper in a small bowl. Reserve.
- For the Phyllo you want to create a square (8”x 8”) in size that is layered by 4 sheets of the Phyllo pastry. Brush each sheet evenly with olive oil to cover then season with a little salt and pepper. Repeat process for all 4 layers.
- Place Salmon in middle of Phyllo and cover filet with tartar sauce.
- Pinch up Phyllo around edges of fish.
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Place Salmon on parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 12-14 mins, or until Phyllo is crisp and golden.