This is a great oriental style recipe for cooking halibut. Follow the instruction closely and you’ll cook up a delicious tender and healthy meal. If you’re not a ginger fan, try cutting back the ginger juice to half a tablespoon. - Jen
Fresh Halibut (5-6oz)
1 clove Garlic (minced)
1 Tbsp Ginger (minced)
1 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
1 Tbsp Pickled Ginger juice
1 Tbsp Sugar
1 Tbsp Black Bean Sauce
45ml Vegetable Oil
½ cup White Wine
- Make Vinaigrette ahead of time by combining garlic, ginger, apple cider vinegar, pickled ginger juice, sugar and black bean sauce in a food processor or by hand mixer.
- With the motor running add the vegetable oil slowly. Process until well until well blended.
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Place Halibut in oven proof pan lined with parchment paper. Season the fish with salt and pepper. Drizzle white wine over fish and place fish in the oven.
- Bake halibut in oven for 10-12 mins, or until fish is just opaque.
- Serve Halibut on plate and garnish with vinaigrette over top.