I love sablefish, and this teriyaki style gives the dish an oriental flavour. And using plenty of fresh vegetables it’s sure to become one of my favourite healthy dishes. – Jen
2 -3 lbs Sablefish (cubed)
1 cup Teriyaki sauce
Juice from 1 lemon
2 Tbsp Olive oil
2 cups Broccoli (small florets)
1 cup of Snap Peas or Snow Peas
2 cups Mushrooms (quartered)
½ medium sized Onion (finely sliced)
1 Red Pepper (chopped)
1 Yellow Pepper (chopped)
1 cup Cauliflower (small florets)
½ cup Cashews
2 cups Cooked Rice
- Marinate the sablefish cubes in a small bowl with HALF of the teriyaki sauce and lemon juice. Allow to marinate for 1-2 hours.
- Prep all vegetables for the stir-fry.
- Preheat a large wok or frying pan. Add the oil. When the wok is very hot, add the marinated sablefish and stir. (Cook for 1-2 mins)
- Next, add the vegetables and cashews. Cover for 1-2 mins.
- Add the remaining marinade sauce and toss the stir-fry. When the vegetables are tender but still crisp the stir-fry is ready. (Saute for 3-4 mins)
- Reheat cooked rice in the microwave until hot. Place some rice on plates.
- Serve sablefish stir-fry over the rice.
* This is a good recipe from a Sustainable Seafood Cookbook called “Fish For Thought” produced by the Living Oceans Society.