Here are a few seafood canapés that are not Salmon related. Each recipes are very easy to put together and you can find most of the ingredients at our store and your local grocers. - Jen
9 oz Tuna (cut into 3x 3oz long pieces)
1/2 cup of Black and 1/2 cup White Sesame seeds
1/2 cup Mayo
3-4 Tbsp Wasabi (depending on your spice level)
1 box Sesame rice crackers
- In a small bowl, mix the mayo and the wasabi together. Reserve.
- Combine sesame seeds in a bowl.
- Season tuna pieces with salt and pepper.
- Preheat a large non-stick pan over high heat. Add a touch of vegetable oil to coat the bottom of the pan.
- Dredge the tuna on all sides in the sesame seeds.
- Pan sear the tuna in the pan. Sear for 30 seconds to 1 minute on each side.
- Remove tuna from the pan to a cutting board.
- Slice the tuna into 1/4-1/2 “ slices. Place the tuna slices on a cracker and garnish with a little dollop of wasabi mayo.
- You could also garnish these with some chopped pickled ginger.