Chef Gavin put together 4 simple Salmon Canapés you can put together yourself at home. Each recipe requires ingredients you can buy at our store and your local grocers. Seafood canapés always bring a touch of class to your party! -Jen
1 Side Smoked Salmon
1 Egg (lightly beaten for egg wash)
90 g Cold Butter
90g Cold Cream Cheese
1 Cup Flour
Pinch of Salt
- Combine these ingredients in a food processor/cuisenart to make dough. (Make ahead of time-the dough will last a few days in the fridge).
- Roll dough out on a flour dusted counter. Roll to a thin thickness of 1-2 mm.
- Cut isosceles triangles out of the dough. Two sides should be 3” long and the bottom side should be 2” long.
- Cut smoked salmon slices into halves or thirds depending on their size.
- Place the salmon piece just ahead of the bottom of the triangle. Roll the bottom up gently and tightly. You should end up with a little tube that looks like a mini turnover.
- Place the rolled rugalach on a parchment lined baking sheet. Brush with egg wash lightly, and place in the fridge to chill (very important step). Chill for 10 mins.
- Place tray in a preheated 350F oven.
- Bake the rugalach for 20mins, until they are just nicely golden.