This recipe is tasty, colourful and fun to ensemble. It’s a great way to add some entertainment to your dinner guests! - Jen
1 Tuna Filet (6 oz)
1-2 tsp Hot Sauce
1-2 Roma Tomato (seeded and chopped)
4 Green onions (chopped)
3 Tbsp Fresh Cilantro (chopped)
2 Tbsp Cumin (ground)
¼ cup Sour Cream
2 Tbsp Lime juice
½ Avocado (halved and pitted)
3 Corn Tortillas (cut in half)
4 oz Grated Cheese (Mix of Cheddar and Jack)
- Place Tuna on a plate and season with salt, pepper and hot sauce. Let marinate in fridge while you prepare the other ingredients.
- Combine tomato, onion, cilantro, sour cream, cumin and lime juice. Blend and chill.
- Prep avocado and mash in a small bowl with a fork. Add hot sauce, some chopped cilantro, 1 Tbsp cumin, salt and pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F
- Spray cut corn tortillas on both sides with non-stick spray. Place on a baking sheet and bake until crisp. (about 8-10 mins approx.)
- warm a pan over high heat, pan sear the Tuna in a little veg oil. Pan sear the Tuna for 2 mins per side for a medium rare doneness. Let tuna rest for a few minutes, then slice it for the tostadas.
- Assemble the tostadas, by spreading the avocado mixture onto each tortilla half. Next add some sliced tuna, grated cheese and then some of the sour cream mix.