Our first-ever FISH dessert is here! In collaboration with Maenam, the Chubby Fish Uni Ice-cream Kit is a delicious savoury treat that brings back the nostalgic traditional taiyaki, an adorable fish-shaped cake commonly sold as street food in Japan. Paired with a tub of creamy, savory uni ice-cream, made with BC Sea Urchin and using the recipe from the Maenam Cookbook by Chef Angus An .
To complete this 'UNI'que, indulgent dessert experience, our kit comes with toppings: BC Red Uni, BC Shio Ikura and toasted coconut flakes.
Limited quantity only! Please note this product requires 2 day preparation time.
1. Thaw toppings tray in the fridge overnight.
2. When you're ready to enjoy your savoury treat, bring the tub of Chubby Fish Uni ice-cream to sit at room temperature for 5 minutes to allow softening.
3. Remove Taiyaki from packaging and let sit at room temperature for 10 minutes. [Optional: If desired, warm up in the oven at 400F for 5 minutes]
4. Scoop desired portion of Ikura inside the Taiyaki, followed by a scoop of Uni ice-cream. Continue layering Ikura and Uni ice-cream until your Taiyaki is filled!
5. Garnish with toppings: more Ikura, Sea Urchin Roe and toasted coconut.
All our products are sustainable and traceable.
Your order will be packed by one of our seafood experts while wearing gloves and masks for your maximum protection.